Upscribe Inc. (hereinafter “Upscribe”) cares about your privacy. We operate the Services, upscribe.io, and the Upscribe Shopify integration (each and collectively the “Services”). The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the user/customer using the Services.
Information we collect:
- Log data: When you visit our Services, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web/mobile browser. This data is considered “non-identifying information”, as it does not personally identify you on its own. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
- Personal information: We may ask for personal information, such as your name and email address. This data is considered “identifying information”, as it can personally identify you. We only request personal information relevant to providing you with a service, and only use it to help provide or improve this service.
How we collect information?
We collect information by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. You are free to refuse our request for this information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without it.
Use of information
We may use a combination of identifying and non-identifying information to understand who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve their experience of our Services in future. We do not disclose the specifics of this information publicly but may share aggregated and anonymized versions of this information, for example, in Services and customer usage trend reports.
Data processing and storage
We only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
Third-party access to information
- We may use third-party services for our Services and marketing activity. These third-party services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with these services without your explicit consent. We do not give these services permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
- We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
- We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
This Services does not knowingly target or collect personal information from children. As a parent/guardian, please contact us at email@example.com. if you believe your child is participating in an activity involving personal information on our Services, and you have not received a notification or request for consent. We do not use your supplied contact details for marketing or promotional purposes.
Limits of our policy
Our Services may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices. If you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
Changes to this policy
At our discretion, we may update this policy to reflect current acceptable practices. We will take reasonable steps to let users know about any material changes via our Services. Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around data and personal information.
Your rights and responsibilities
- As our user, you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you, and how it is processed. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you, and to request this information be deleted.
- Further, you are also entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data, while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
This policy is made effective as of December 1st, 2020.